Visit any area where people like to get away from it all, and chances are you will see a plethora of golf carts. In fact, you may even see these carts being used in farming communities. But don’t be concerned, they are still a part of that great Scotts inspired pastime – golf!
However, in recent years, many people have discovered that these carts are a great mode of transportation when traversing “shorter” distances – or at least those that are “too far” to walk but not quite worth starting up the car. But if you are new to the world of golf carts instead of vehicles, then it might feel somewhat overwhelming when you go to purchase one… especially if you are choosing to buy a used or refurbished one!
So, if you are planning to invest in a golf cart, here are few things to keep in mind:
- Do you want a gas powered or electric? Ideally, an electric cart will cost less, and there are fewer moving parts, which makes it ideal for the person who doesn’t want to be concerned about major repairs. However, you will need to be sure that you have the electric golf cart charged and ready to go.
- Is it used or refurbished? Obviously, used doesn’t mean that it has been overhauled, while refurbishing implies that it has. It always a good idea to ask the age of the golf cart if you are buying used. Ideally, you don’t want one that is more than 15 years old.
- What does it mean when the golf cart is refurbished or remanufactured? This, sadly, depends on the seller. In some cases, it means that the cart has been completely overhauled with all new parts, while for less reputable sellers, it can mean that only “surface-level” repairs have been made. This is where it is important o do your due diligence and learn all you can about the seller. If possible, borrow the cart for a day or two and have it checked out by someone else.
- What is the return policy? Be sure you know if there is a time limit that you can return a golf cart within. Also, be certain that you ask if there are any reasons that a returned cart would not be accepted.
- What about the features? Golf carts can have a myriad of features ranging from padded seats to cup holders and tints. Think about which ones matter most to you and determine if that works within your budget.
These are just a few of the elements to keep in mind when you decide to purchase a golf cart. Be sure to talk to others in your area who have use them often and learn where to find the best deals with the features you are looking for.